I’m sure you’ve noticed that I like making old-school styled games. I thought It would only be fair to share a few of the game that have inspired me the most.
- Cave Story is probably my favorite game of all time, through it I learned how much a great cast of characters add to a story.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past showed me how rewarding exploration and puzzle solving mechanics can be.
- Bastion was a beautiful experience, though it had good gameplay, its art and music have stuck with me to this day, that good art and music are what makes a game stick with you.
- Anodyne showed me that an small team making a retro game with style can still succeed in today’s market, that a game doesn’t have to be new for people to care.
- Gone Home is from a legit studio using a wordpress template as a website, so maybe my site isn’t so derpy for using wordpress after all! (it’s an amazing game too)
I’ve enjoyed a lot of other games, but those are the ones which I feel most inspire my current work. Some of my other favorites series are Borderlands, Magicka, Mario 64, PaperMario, Smash Bro.’s, Mario Kart, Toarchlight, The Elder Scrolls,